Monday, February 4, 2008

Quick Update...

Miles last week: 218
Weight on Monday: 192
Weight on Sunday night: 192 (?!?)
Eating & Drinking habits: "Healthy" (but not in the good for your health way..more like a bad for your heart and liver way)
Fitness: Pretty good
Climbing ability: Would be better give or take 8 to 10 pounds.


1) I remember watching the tour de france one year and hearing the announcer make the comment [I'm paraphrasing]: "...and there's big George Hincapie who somehow has managed to haul his enormous carcass over the peak of [insert massive climb here]...". Last time I checked George is 6'3" and 175 lbs...your host here at leamateurdomestique checks in at 6'4" and 190 lbs. So what do we learn from this? Is there too much media pressure for us cyclists to be thin? Somehow 190 is deathly obese in the cycling world? That man was not intended to ride his bicycle uphill (I agree with this one)?

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I could use to lose a few if I'm ever to hang with those stick figures up Anglers and Brickyard. Maybe I'll stick to the flatlands and let momentum be my saviour.


2) If my memory serves me right, Rayman weighs a buck 10...that's ridiculous, unfair, and just plain absurd. Rayman, I'm putting you on the JL training technique that should get you up to 168 by April. Lot's of barley and hops to go along with the @ss whipping you've been dishing out on these group rides.

Cheers.

1 comment:

RayMan AKA StingRay said...

even at my svelt 110 lbs. I could barely stay with you going up Anglers on Sat. But, then again maybe I was sandbaggin' it?

Not feeling too good this week. have a bad soar throat that I hope clears up by this weekend.

Hope to see you on the 7am and the 10am.