Monday, March 16, 2009

The Stable

I've been wanting to take some pictures of the stable for some time now. I just made an addition too. I went up to Arrow Bikes this afternoon to pick up my road bike (new tape, saddle, and cables) and ended up with a cross bike....sheesh, the guys are the best sales guys ever...or they are really good at offering Jameson and cold beer to ease the decision making process. I've been wanting one for a while so it only took a shot of Jameson and 1.5 New Castles to seal the deal.

Anyway, here they are in all their glory:

The Cross Bike. Stock Giant TCX 1. Only difference is that the saddle is off the road bike. Fizik Arione in black. I'm looking forward to riding it.



The road bike. I had to take a picture with the brand new white saddle/tape. Probably the only time they'll be that color. Oh yea, note the cables....yea, they're white. Are they awesome? Yes. I had ordered some hoods in white, but they didn't have ultegra ones...just dura ace, so that upgrade is going to have to wait.



The Grocery Getter. This was the race bike from two years ago. I loved this bike, and still do. I converted it to a single speed due to a phase I was going through. The things that are worth mentioned are the Paul Melvin keeping the tension, the CETMA rack up front holding the milk crate. Both work pretty well. A bonus accessory is the coffee cup holder. Pretty much seals the "Yuppy" look when I'm rolling into work with a shirt and tie on.



Cheers...

3 comments:

chris said...

Saddle is high like I used to ride..I was so adament about not changing it but I eventually crumbled..

Jesse said...

At 6'4" I'm already riding the size "biggest" that each manufacture makes...I'd love to bring that saddle down, but wouldn't know how given "proper" leg extension.....but what do I know about that anyway? I'm sure my position is all jacked up.

Maybe time for a fitting at the shop, but I'm not sure my liver could handle it.

Chickin said...

Yeah! Jesse got a cross bike!

BTW, I'm no expert, but I think your saddle looks fine. You don't seem to be lacking the power.