Tuesday, January 6, 2009

100th post!

Milestone...maybe. Improved writing...not really.

Lack of fitness helps in some respects to cycling when showing up on group rides cause it makes you have to work on the no-performance aspects of the bike. I went down to the Point on Monday at lunch and jumped in with the group after 3 to 4 weeks off...The wind was significant, but not killer and the pace was quick, but not deadly. My lack of form showed bad as I hurt after every pull I made and at points felt like I was holding on for dear life. Not being able to turn any screws, or for that matter, find any tools to do anything with, I had to work on trying to be efficient, making sure I was out of the wind (or as out of the wind as a 6'4" oaf can be), and knowing when I was on the verge of popping and should sit out a turn or two to be able to hang on till the end.

I'd like to say that we were pushing an average of 26 mph into the wind and 35+ with the wind...but really, it was monday and all the other guys were taking it easy and I was working my @ss off. Nice what 3+ weeks off the bike will do to you, eh?

Cheers...and here is to trying to get back in the groove of things.

No comments: